CALL FOR TEACHERS!
During the 2021-2022 school year, G4C and partners will work with cohorts of 60+ public/charter schools in Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh and New York City. Middle/High school teachers from diverse backgrounds and concentrations are invited to participate; no prior experience with game design and/or computer science is required!
Participating educators will receive:
- Two-days of structured PD w/ training in game-based learning and impact game design instruction (live or virtual). NOTE: Stipends will be available for schools to help cover the costs of substitute teachers during the two training days.
- Complimentary access to G4C’s impact game design curriculum, resources and activities.
- Monthly office hours for curriculum, platform (Scratch, etc.) and/or technical support.
- Opportunity to work with industry mentors (ie: games professionals), who visit classrooms to share career insights and offer students creative feedback.
- Assessment data on students’ 21st century skills growth.
- Local workshops and game jams.
Interested in joining the G4C Student Challenge teacher cohort this Fall? Fill out the Teacher Application form for your city by August 27, 2021.